Thursday, December 23, 2010

Eyes on the Prize

Short one tonight, not much to say just don't want to fall out of habit so soon into starting this thing. The break from classes rapidly filled up with stuff to do, but that should clear some after Christmas passes. After that there's a few things I might get into if the mood strikes me.

First, I've gone back to my old philosophy library and dragged out my Foucault reader because, I don't know, maybe I want to become depressed about the modern human condition? In reality, it has to do with my concern about my own abilities as a classroom manager. Somewhat luckily, I'm student teaching in Rich Suburbs Lite, so I can focus on my strengths without having to go into that too much, but it's a worry for the future and it has worried me for some time. In that light, I've paid special attention over the years to whatever information on classroom management I could acquire. The thing is, much of it reminded of what little Foucault I remember from the one Social Philosophy class I took oh so many years ago, so I decided to pick it back up. We'll see if anything interesting arises.

Other possible topics that I might touch on in the near future (this is more for me than any readers): ADHD, Chemistry, Math, The portrayal of history in the sciences, Language learning in adulthood (German!).

Finally, the next few days I will be playing with the look of the blog so that it becomes less terrible, I may even add in a background that isn't a stock photo. Look at me!

No comments:

Post a Comment